Saturday, April 09, 2011

Radio-Canada examines Faytene and her Christian Right allies

[Posted at Bene Diction Blogs On, February 10, 2011]

Tonight, on a Radio-Canada news program, Faytene Kryskow will perhaps be making a case for her points of view en francais.

The French version of the CBC is promoting tonight's episode of Enquete on Radio-Canada television, which examines the topic of "parliamentarians under the influence of evangelicals". (The program airs at 8 PM where I live.)

(Big hat tip to deBeauxOs, whose post let me know of this. My French being middling, if not somewhat rudimentary, I don't watch much French TV.)

My guess is that Radio-Canada's program may be trying to do a "matcher" story to see for themselves whether Marci McDonald's thesis was right.

I'd also hazard a guess that as a lot of their interview subjects might be Anglos, they may let them talk in English and just use subtitles for the Francophone audience.

Anyways, it might interest you too.

UPDATE: Watched and taped the program. Please expect a somewhat in depth seperate post on it.

Early reaction on Faytene's Facebook page...her friends are very supportive but no comment from Faytene herself.