Saturday, April 09, 2011

Benny Hinn--National Enquirer article a "pure lie"

[Posted at Bene Diction Blogs On August 5, 2010]

Deciding to grab the bull by the horns, Benny Hinn devoted much of his TV program yesterday to discussing his divorce and the allegations that he and Paula White are having an affair.

Special thanks to CBN News, which had a reporter watch the broadcast and report on what he said.

Hinn reportedly said that his wife was wanting a divorce mostly due to his his forgetting his family for ministry duties. Neither he nor his wife had ever committed adultery.

CBN quotes Hinn as follows regarding the National Enquirer article:
"They did not even call me to ask me questions. They simply came up with their own story," he said. "That's wicked. It's totally wicked."

Hinn explained that he was appointed "Patron of the Arts" by the Vatican and asked to find donors so their art collections could be maintained. He chose White as one of those donors.

"I let her come with me to Rome so she can donate money. That was stupid on my part. And for that, I do ask forgiveness," he said. "But that was an innocent mistake -- nothing to do with stupid stuff."

Thanks much to CBN, as I don't make a practice of watching Hinn on TV.

One quote in the article, where Hinn talks about the events leading to his divorce might prove to be prophetic. I'll add some emphasis:

"I don't care how strong you are," Hinn continued. "I don't care if the anointing of God is mighty on you. Nobody wants to be alone. I don't care who you are. I am a human being just like you."

If you remember Phil Cooke's speculation that two prominent evangelists were about to be engaged, this is potentially interesting. If we also remember that Todd Bentley quickly remarried to a lady who was eager to help with ministry where his starter wife wasn't, I wonder if Hinn might be tempted in the same direction. Would he need a female partner in ministry so he wouldn't be "lonely", given that was the reason that he doesn't want to divorce Suzanne?

Perhaps the ground is being readied for Mr. Cooke's eyepopping wedding right now? Interesting to consider...