Monday, December 12, 2005

Old Grandma Hardcore

The Washington Post has a story about a 69 year old Cleveland grandmother who plays video games with her grandson. Her grandson has started a weblog about his grandmother's adventures too.

Although I am now going to get dismaying hits from search engines, I though this story was neat enough to post on. My mother used to play Nintendo during her down time at her job, and she got quite good at it.

I'd go over to my parents house and we would play video games together (I should point out that at the tine I didn't have my own Nintendo. Either that, or I didn't have a lot of time to play. That's my story, and I am sticking to it.).

We'd play Super Mario together. She would rack up a zillion points, and be on level 28,000, while I would be trying to get through level three.

"Do you want me to win you some extra men?"

"No Mom, it's okay."

:)