Friday, June 18, 2004

We'll give it five

The Ambler chimes in with his favourite five songs.

I hesitate to name only a top...whatever... because I like so many songs, but here goes:

Probably my favourite song:

1. Halfway To Paradise, the Billy Fury cover version. Listen to the "Decca Hit" here on Harry Whitehouse's fab tribute website.

Nine other ballads from the late 1950s/early 1960s that I really like:

2. Everyday
or 3. It Doesn't Matter Anymore by Buddy Holly.
4. Time, the Craig Douglas cover version
5. I'm Counting On You by Johnny O'Keefe
6. Where Are You by Johnny Kidd and The Pirates
7. Take Good Care Of My Baby by Bobby Vee
8. En Ecoutant La Pluie (French cover version of Rhythm of The Rain) by Richard Anthony
9. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by The Shirelles
10. Hurting Each Other, the Guess Who version