Saturday, April 19, 2003

It looks like the Crystal Cathedral!

Amy Hughes has made a Lego church model. It looks amazing, so check out the pictures of the church made of Lego.

In the words of the creator it took...

....about a year and a half of planning, building and photographing. It was a big project, but it was less time than most people spent watching TV during that same year and a half. How big is it? About 7 feet by 5 1/2 feet by 30 inches (2.2 m x 1.7 m x .76 m)

When I was a kid, I was happy to do a small airplane or train, so something like this would have been beyond me.

Despite being harrassed by giant neighbourhood cats--the pictures of these cats inside the church reminded me of The Amazing Colossal Man--the project was completed successfully.

It's not something I would do myself, but it's interesting to look at.

A tip of the hat to Kathy Shaidle for spotting it.