Sunday, December 29, 2002

Oceania is at war with Eastasia. Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Warren Kinsella may be at it again. Over the Christmas holiday, his weblog had some criticism of a NDP activist who had critiqued his obituary on Joe Strummer. The Kinsella weblog professed to be very upset with this fellow (whose name escapes me) and the post even posted his work phone number and e-mail. If this was a valid post by Mr. Kinsella, perhaps he intended to deploy a legion of flying monkeys to annoy this NDP boffin for speaking his mind.

I logged on to the weblog this afternoon to comment on it here, and this Kinsella post is nowhere to be found! Perhaps Mr. Kinsella's website was hacked...but what I think is more likely is that Mr. Kinsella changed his mind. That is good, but in addition to removing the post--if Mr. Kinsella himself was responsible for it--he should also write a brief post in his weblog that he is sorry for what he wrote, so much so that he pulled it from his weblog.

(BTW...blogging will be thin for the next day or two until I file all my work. I hope everyone had a good Christmas :) )